If you want to remodel your home then the casement windows is the perfect option for you. Earlier the windows were mainly manufactured by wooden frame and it could be affected by climatic changes easily. If you install a glass window then also you need to be aware of the natural surroundings because glass can break or crack down easily. It is better to install the modern design window like casement window. It offers maximum ventilation to any home; a casement window lets in fresh air and sunlight which is most important when it comes to staying in a healthy environment. Casement windows mostly operate on hinges. They either open on the right or on the left side.
What are benefits of casement windows?
Casement window is basically a wooden or vinyl frame glass window which can be opened toward outside from the left or right accordingly. There are various designs and color available and you just need to select the design according to your wall color and install it instantly.
Common attributes of a casement window have been mentioned below:
- Casement windows comprise hardware that are easily available
- Casement windows can have foldable handles installed
- Casement windows are don’t cause any obstruction and easy to use
- Casement windows usually comprise full screens
- Casement windows are mostly used for bow and bay windows
- Casement windows can also be installed in difficult to access areas
Importance of casement windows
Casement windows have become a popular installation in homes across the globe. They offer a wide range of benefits and are hence popular among home owners. Following are the reasons:
- Energy efficient
- Allows proper ventilation
- Allows adequate light
- Maximizes unhindered view
- Easy to install
- Easy to operate
- With single easy motion the locking points can be secured
- Customized alignment to fit around the space in a better way
- Weather-stripping details to keep away from wind, dust water
- Coastal performance
In case you were missing out on the attractive colors then here is what you should know that
Casement windows are available in colors such as:
- Prairie Glass
- Dove Gray which can be used as a part of your office décor also
- Red rock
- White which complements several other colors
- Forest green
Besides, these wonderful windows are available in several exterior colors such as:
A DIY Project for your casement window
A Casement window allows you to install it by DIY system, means ‘do it yourself’. You do not need to spend any additional charges for the installation and maintenance of this window and you can easily paint it also.
- Start with using a superior quality brush
- Begin with the opening section of the window for example the hinge edge, the round underneath and the leading edge
- Paint the glazing bar
- Paint the stiles and the rails
- Paint the hinges followed by the intermediary stiles, the latch, the top and bottom
- Paint the underside section of the sill
Selecting the perfect casement window
If you are thinking about installing a casement window consider the following important points so that your purchase turns successful:
- Energy efficiency
- Personal preference
Casement windows feature in homes, showcasing designs, from modern to traditional. Casement windows are preferred over other designs because they tend to offer more ventilation. They make way for great view when placed on the wall overlooking a fine landscape.
This blog help you to get some useful information about Casement windows. If you want to know more then let’s go to the details and get more information.